Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 400g Vialone Nano (Riseria Ferron) rice*
- 800ml vegetable stock (I make my own with 2 carrots, 1 celery, 1 onion and 2 litres of water – simmer for 30 minutes)
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 150g Maltese sausage
- 150g pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 100g chestnuts, roasted and peeled
- 30g grated parmesan cheese
- 30g butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
*Ferron rice is a product imported from Verona exclusively by Eatmania
- Finely chop one onion and celery stick. Pour some extra virgin olive oil into a casserole and cook the onion and celery for 5 minutes together with the bay leaf. Add the pumpkin cubes, crumbled sausage meat and the chestnuts and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- In a large deep pan, pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook the other finely chopped onion until soft. Add the rice until heated through and pour all the boiling stock at one go. Lower heat and simmer rice for 10 minutes or as indicated on the packet instructions. Add the chestnut and sausage mixture to the risotto. Mix well.
- Remove from heat, add butter and parmesan and stir. Cover pan with lid and leave to rest for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.